Custom Drapery by Shades of Home
Drapery, Sheers & Roman Styles
Our Custom drapery are handcrafted in Canada by our skilled artisans and ready in as little as 4 weeks.
Thanks to our Staff, Designers & Clients,
We have been awarded the
BEST of 2020
by HomeStars & HOUZZ!
Client Review – HomeStars
Whole Home Drapery and Shades
Our Designer Fabrics
4000+ Designer Drapery & Sheer Fabric Collections
Up to date collections of the most popular designer fabrics
with new collections arriving every month.
Certainly an overwhelming collection, but our Drapery Specialists will help
narrow down your choices based on fabric, pattern, texture, colour and budget.
- One of the largest collections of fabric in the GTA
- Local workroom can create any soft treatments
- Local Drapery Design Specialists
- Professional Installers
- Interior designers welcomed
Ripple Fold Drapery
UNIFORMLY BEAUTIFUL, INSIDE AND OUT
Soft, ripple-like folds flow smoothly from one end of the track to the other.
- Less stack-back, more light
- 60 to 120% fullness
- Curved tracks for unique rooms
TRADITIONAL NEVER GOES OUT OF STYLE
Pinch pleat curtains are a highly decorative heading, drawing together lots of fabric into a tightly gathered and stitched bunch at the top.
- 4″ heading with buckram
- Lining options for longevity, privacy, light control and insulation
- Three-finger pleats are pinched approximately 1 1/2″ from the heading
Inverted Pinch Pleat
Tailored & never fussy
Inverted pinch pleated drapes are an updated look to the standard pinch pleat, with a tailored look to suit any décor.
- Clean pleat and versatile feel
- Updated look for a more modern setting
- Goes with almost every interior style
V-FOLD PLEAT STYLE
Less stack than a pinched pleat style.
- Clean V-STYLE Pleat style
- Choose from 100’s of fabrics
- Side banding
Your Custom Drapery &
Interior Decor Specialist
Marie Iannace is the Principle Designer and Co-Owner of Shades of Home. Based in both our OAKVILLE & TORONTO SHOWROOMS, serving Toronto, Oakville and area for over 20 years helping clients attain their design goals in a thoughtful and professional style focusing primarily on Custom Drapes & Drapery, Curtains, Roman Shades, Functional Window Treatments and soft furnishings.
Box pleat is a pleat made by folding away two equal folds of fabric from each other in opposite directions on the front of a length of fabric.
- 100’s of fabrics
- Formal flat front
- Pleats are behind the facing
- Ideal for double treatments (drapery & sheers)
Tailored Pinched Pleat
A more modern version of a pleated drape, with a simple look and feel.
- Perfect for small treatments
- Pleats are tacked at the top
- Works best with light weight fabrics
- Light filtering or blackout lining
New wide-width fabrics in textures, linens and more
- Casual look
- Thousands of fabrics
- Effortless operation
SHEERS LET THE LIGHT IN
New wide-width sheer fabrics in textures, linens and more
- 100’s of fabrics
- Pinched pleat or ripple fold
- Unlimited widths and heights
- Motorization available
An exclusive collection, featuring rods & rings, custom track systems, unique finials and more.
What You’ll Love…
- 30+ distinct collections
- 60+ finishes
- Single & double curved rods
- Motorized drapery tracks
- Commercial drapery systems
Call to arrange an In-Home Consultation with your Local Designer
Complimentary In-Home Consultation ($150 value) is included free of charge with any purchase over $1000